Lane Bryant

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Paging Parker Simmons..

Happy August!!! I can't believe how fast the summer has blazed by. Since I last chatted with you guys right after I came back from FFFWeek, so many AMAZING things have been going on. Interestingly enough, they all kicked off this month of August. If you have been following me on Instagram, you are already in the know, but for those of you who diligently follow me here, I will get you up to speed.

I kicked off the month with a BANG! On August 1st I landed on the pages of Plus Model Magazine. Can you believe it?!?! Yes me, Parker Simmons, had a full 4 page spread in the famed digital publication. I had the pleasure of meeting Madeline Jones, Editor-In-Chief of PMM during my visit to NYC. Shortly after I returned, we chatted again and voila, a story was born!






As if being a magazine wasn't a big enough deal, on August 2nd, I found myself in print a different way. This time, I grace the pages of Dr. Courtney A. Hammonds' latest book, Reflections of Style. The official book reveal took place at the Atlanta Susan G. Komen Foundation headquarters. My friends at Veev provided some fabulous Vita Frute Cocktails and I had a blast mixing and mingling with the other ladies who appear in the book. If you want a printed version of the book, you can order it online on Amazon beginning on 8/23, however if you are a digital doll you can download the Kindle version today here!

Of course I'm wearing a boatload of Bendel in the book! 


With my friend and the author of Reflections of Style, Dr. Courtney A. Hammonds

Veev VitaFrute Cocktails




As if August couldn't get any better, the following Sunday was my Birthday!!!! I turned 33 on August 3rd and decided to celebrate pretty low key. I popped in to do a little shopping with my friend Brittany at Kate Spade Phipps Plaza. I also met my friend Angela from Twelve 24 Boutique for an impromptu brunch. After chatting for a bit and enjoying a beautiful Atlanta Sunday on the patio at Twist, I ended an amazing weekend with my mom at one of my favorite restaurants.






Now that was one heck of a weekend! August is shaping up to be one for the record books. I am so thankful and beyond blessed for all of the amazing opportunities that have come my way. I want to thank you all for your love and support and for sticking by me throughout everything. Stay tuned, so many other fun things have happened this month and I can't wait to tell you about them. I promise it won't be a month and a half before you hear from me again! 

Love you guys & I'll see you on the front row!  

<3 Parker S. 

1 comment:

  1. I saw you on Plus Model Magazine and I loved your dress!
    I was thinking about a convertible dress and now I think it's a good idea!
    Congrats for being in your friend's book!

    XOXO

    Cami

    Paillettes&Champagne

    ReplyDelete