Lane Bryant

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sonsi Be-YOU-tiful Pop Up Party

About a week ago I was invited to attend the Sonsi Be-YOU-tiful Pop Up Party during Full Figured Fashion Week in NYC. I can not tell you how honored I was to attend. For those of you who don't know, FFFWeek was not even on my radar until my number one supporter/mom sponsored me to attend. I was actually 2 days past the application deadline to see if I could be invited to the party, but still submitted it anyway. After not hearing anything after about a week, I tried not to be bummed out about it, but decided I would just strive to make it next year. Surprisingly a couple of days later, Emily from Sonsi emailed me and extended the invitation! Needless to say, I was beyond excited.

When I arrived at the party, I was the first guest there. They weren't quite ready to let us in yet, so thankfully, 2 other early birds joined me in the hall. Curvy model & fashion writer Olga Gonzalez-Ramos & fellow blogger Georgette Niles were kind enough to chat with me and pose for a couple of pictures. Finally, we were able to enter the fabulous oasis that Sonsi had created for us. First off, we grabbed our printed name badges and a TDF swag bag and started circulating.

@grownandcurvywo , @olgaplusmodel & me #sonsibeYOUtiful

Peaking inside #sonsibeYOUtiful Pop Up Party

FAB bag of swag courtesy of Sonsi
 My first stop was at the Palm Beach Jewelry table where I scored a gorgeous bracelet and earrings set in a mini swag bag. Their jewelry is fun and affordable and is a budget fashionita's dream come true!!

Palm Beach Jewelry

My next stop was at the Catherine's booth. Catherine's actually started as a small store in Memphis and has grown to 400+ stores nationwide. They specialize in clothes from sizes 16-34/0-5x. With that broad range, they are able to accommodate a variety of women. I was fortunate enough to meet the buyer, Aretha Blake and have the most inspiring and moving conversation with Designer/Product Development Manager Marcella Chambers. These women are doing big things and it's so inspiring to see their work unfold.

FAB Caftan by Catherine's

Me & Buyer, Aretha from Catherine's 


Next was date with SWAK (Sealed With A Kiss). I was able to chat with Director of Marketing and Creative Development, Sarah Sapora and preview the fall collection. Guys, SWAK is AMAZING. While there, I scored "The Perfect Leggings" and the effortlessly chic "Felicity Poncho Top". This outfit was literally a lifesaver. Of course, being the diva I am, I totally by-passed comfort on this trip and went for cute. I actually put these pieces to the test later that day (full review coming soon).
Sarah from SWAK

New Looks from SWAK
After checking out some of the other vendors, I ran into fellow Atlanta Blog Fab Fashionista, Nikka Shae of Oh!Nikka. We had an amazing time catching up and meeting other fun bloggers. We did and impromptu photo shoot courtesy of Sonsi and actually met the Founder of FFFWeek, Ms. Gwen Devoe. Nikka also won an amazing Diane Von Furstenberg tote and all was right with the world!

Nikka Shae working the camera

The FAB Jessica Kane & moi

Twin Fashion Bloggers Jeka & Jeke of La Maison Deux

Nikka Shae winning big!

Me & Ms. Gwen Devoe

The party was absolutely amazing. I have never felt more in my element than being surrounded by great brands and other fabulous fashion bloggers. It was a day that was both fun and educational and hopefully the beginning of some life-long friendships! For more information about any of the brands listed above, visit www.sonsi.com. Stay tuned for the runway fashions from FFFWeek!

Me, Vice President of Fashion & Home Eric Kreller & Asst. Account Executive Rebecca Masterbone of  Lippe Taylor Brand Communications Firm


xoxo-

Parker S. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment